Thursday, July 1, 2010

Fun Fun Weekend

Last weekend was a busy busy weekend for me! But I had tons of fun and didn't stay inside all day doing nothing for once lol.

Friday afternoon went on a trail ride at the Livestock Center with Randy, Raquel and Amber. I was able to ride Chester this time... and boy I loved it! :) I haven't been able to like ride at all really. The basic horsmanship class just started riding with a saddle and we aren't supposed to do anything that they can't do yet... Oh well. We didn't do full out galloping at all just some fast loping a couple times and some stead easy loping too. Chester wanted to move too!! It was crazy! He was trying to pass the others at one point! Boy, I do love that horse. Then another time when we went from a walk straight into a lope... he sort of kicked out a little, ducked his head and i could tell he was wanting to buck. Not to be mean, he just felt good and wanted to play was all. That was just a wonderful start to the night :D.

Then that night I went with my roomie, Katie to Comic Frenzy. Comic Frenzy is a group on campus that similiar improv comedy like Whose Line is it Anyways. It was really fun and they were all pretty hilarious, the things they come up with though! Man, blows me away sometimes. Katie and I felt like getting all glammed up to go out and it felt good... I havent' felt that good in a LONG time. During the show I started getting a headache so afterwards we just came home and I chilled in my bedroom the rest of the night reading and on the computer.



Saturday morning on went paintballing :). Sadly enough I didn't take any pictures again! This was the same type game that I went with Randy and Raquel back in Fall last year. Raquel didn't go this time and I wasn't going to go because later I was going to Island Park for Jesi's bday. However, I finally did decide. Eric let me borrow his car so I could leave early from the paintballing and also his gun so I didn't have to spend as much on it. It was sooo much fun! I felt like I actually got right in there again instead of sitting on the sidelines. Each time I got hit and "killed" it was in my mask. The first one splattered all across my mouth and face... and it was nasty tasting. The second time it was smack on the goggles. However, I did get hit other places... yup and off course the balls didn't break!! What is it with paintballs not breaking when they hit my body, they only break on my mask, or gun!!! I have a couple of good welts on my arms, not as bad as the ones on my shin last year but still pretty good looking lol.

So then after paintballing I went home, thankfully had time to take a shower and chill for a little bit, then went upto Island Park with Eric and Mel for Jesi's bday. We went out to eat at this pizza cafe place... and oh my gosh! They had a musician... and he was YODELING!!!!!! SERIOUSLY!!! It was the funniest thing in the world, I couldn't stop laughing and then the instruments he was playing sounded really wierd too. After dinner we went shooting again. I didn't shoot at all this time, I wanted to do but didn't want to that much. I was also freezing cold, its quite a bit cooler up there than in Rexburg. Jesi and Heidi made some bombs too. Yup I learned something new... buy a Works toilet bowl cleaner, get a pop bottle and tin foil. Rip the tin foil up into smallish pieces to fill the bottom half of the bottle then pour in the Works so it lines up with the foil. Screw the cap on TIGHT. Shake it some to get fizzy and place it down somewhere. WALK AWAY at least a good 50 ft and wait for it to go! The bottles like FLEW straight in the air! It was CRAZY!!! Haha, but a ton of fun. We didn't do much after shooting just chilled in the cabin. Eric took Jesi down and was wrestling her for quite awhile and tickling her. Then they both ganged up on me and started tickling me. They didn't do it very long thank goodness...i just might have peed my pants!! haha.. not that anyone needed to know that. So didn't get back till midnight saturday night from Island Park :).




Sunday, I had invited a ton of my friends over for a dinner I was planning. I made BBQ chicken, and the noodle stuff from back home that I love so much :). Corn, the jello stuff and then Sylvia brought fruit salad, Raquel brought strawberries and blueberries. Then for dessert... oreo cookie cake! They LOVED it! Lol! It is soooo rich and sooooo fattening lol but sooo dang YUMMY!!! I had a lot of fun cooking for so many people though. It's a lot more rewarding to cook for others then just yourself. I hardly ever cook just for myself because its boring! Well, that was my weekend! It was definitely very busy but a ton of fun too!

2 comments:

The Winns said...

That does sound like a super fun weekend! And can I just say, I can't believe you are a senior - time goes by so fast!

Cailin said...

So that oreo cake...that sounds pretty good lol What's in that?