Thursday, March 4, 2010

Showshoeing in Utah!

Was able to go down to Provo, UT this past weekend to visit with Shannon and Jared. It was a short visit but something I most definitely needed. I love Rexburg, but every once in a while I do like to escape for a little bit. Got in late Friday night so didn't do much then. Saturday morning I went with Shannon to her beauty school where she gave me an amazing scalp treatment/head massage. Also got my hair cut - nothing drastic basically just a trim. We returned to her apartment and had lunch and practically collapsed on the coach together because we suddenly got so tired!

When Jared came home from work he said Sean (Shannon's older bro) had called wondering if we wanted to go snowshoeing. So somehow Shannon and I got ready and we went to some canyon near Spanish Fork to go showshoeing. It was fun, but boy was it hard work! For the first half hour my lungs were killing me and I could barely breathe. Then when we finally put the snowshoes on, I just got plain tired! It was a crazy workout but it felt good to be doing something outside. There were some really gorgeous scenery and mountains.




Afterwards we went to Sean's house and played with his adorable four kids, while waiting for Katherine to finish making dinner. Katherine is the most WONDEFUL cook EVER!! I love going there to eat and I even love their kids, they are so much fun! (and that is saying a lot if you know me well enough). A great break away from school, short, very short but I'm glad I went it was still a ton of fun.



No comments: