Monday, January 24, 2011

Going to United Kingdom!!!

Wow so I have been terrible in updating this blog lately. I can't believe I never made a post about the fact that I am finally going to the United Kingdom! Through my college there is a tour program called the British Literary Pilgrimage. This year for just one month I get to go all over the United Kingdom. We will be flying out on May 2nd. Most of the places we visit have to deal with British and Irish Authors but there are of course some historical sites as well. It still hasn't quite sunk in them I'm finally getting my dream to go to Europe!

Some exciting places I'll get to visit are -->

Ireland: Bunratty Castle, Inishmore,
Wales: Trinity College, Conwy Castle
England: Liverpool, York, Sherwood Forest, Oxford, Stonehenge, St. Paul's Cathedral, British Library, Westminister Abbey, Tower of London
Paris, France: Victor Hugo house, Notre Dame, Eiffel Towerl, Chateau de Monte Cristo, Versailles Castle, the Louvre

And that is just a small portion of it all! I can't WAIT to see everything! Especially Stonehedge! I've always loved all the celtic lore and legends surrending that place!

Bunratty Castle:

Inishmore:

Trinity College:

Conwy Castle:

2 comments:

The Winns said...

SO COOL!!! I wanna come!!!!! Can't wait to see all your picts!

Parelli Central said...

Very cool... I was in the UK and Ireland a few times and LOVED it!!!!

Petra Christensen
Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
Parelli Central