Getting to Washington was quite the adventure in itself. I have flown dozens and dozens of times but the whole trip almost every one of my flights were terrible for many different reasons. If you know me at all then you know I am extremely claustrophobic and strong smelling perfumes and colognes give me severe migraines. So yes, that is what I experienced on the longest flight out there for four hours. I just hope I don't have that type of flight going out to Scotland! :\
Eventually I made it to Washington where Randy picked me up from the airport and then we went to their little farm where I finally crashed and went to sleep. Thursday morning when the sun came shining through the window I was all confused and yes I definitely woke up at 5:30 or early in the morning still being stuck on EST. haha! Thursday we started the day off by going riding. I first rode Raquel's horse Tag and she rode his brother Sax (Shannon Randy's sister's horse) and then Randy of course rode his horse Montana. Well we went on a little ride around what they called the "hay" field of course I may like the country and the outdoors but I don't know plants of any kind lol! On the loop back around...well Tag started getting irritated. I guess the last time he was ridden the guy riding him let him get away with everything and I wasn't going to let him. He kept twiching all over his skin, and his tail was flipping. At one point he started doing a little rearing, backing up thing. I didn't see it of course thats just what it felt like. It wasn't REAL bad but after not being on a horse for a year it still made me nervous. I held my own though I'm proud to say, and just did the first thing I was taught to do, pull his neck around straight to my knee until he stops. Well it worked lol, we stood still for awhile till he calmed down and then Raquel and I switched horses. And to make myself feel better that it wasn't just me, he was a PAIN all the way back with Raquel too. When we got back to the barn, she worked him on the ground when Randy worked the other horse Tie and Sax and Montana wandered around eating the grass. Meaning, that I sat on a stump taking pictures, my favorite thing other than writing very long drawn out blogs that no one really reads.... lol
 |
| Montana mid chew :) |
 |
| Raquel making Tag work after being a punk on the ride! |
 |
| Randy working the crazy horse Tie |
 |
| Sax eating away in the sunshine |
No comments:
Post a Comment