Some may think that oh eventually you'll run out of them.... but that really isn't possible. I'm sure I'll run out of the GOOD ones but I will even start watching the terrible ones because I don't know what else to do with my time. My co-workers think I'm crazy. I talk about Korean dramas ALL THE TIME. I'm even learning some of the language because I watch it so much. I call this an addiction because its my comfort and its easy to forget my worries and stresses and shove them to the side when I watch a highly unrealistic drama of life in a foreign country. I know I need to stop, and actually try to have some kind of social life instead of living inside a make-believe tv show. However, this is what I'm normally like. I'm a recluse and I naturally stop trying to make friends because its too hard.
Okay, well I didn't really intend writing this post about my addiction to Korean dramas... I guess it goes to show that it really is bad when I can't stop myself writing/talking about it even... :/ I guess my whole reason of writing now seems silly so I'll have to write another post another day. I guess I'm just saying now that addictions are very real. Some may seem a lot worse then others, like drugs, pornography or alcohol yet even minor addictions can control your life. There are people who are addicted to games such as X-box or playstation games. There are people addicted to tv-shows like me, computer games, exercise, food (any kind in excess). Addiction can occur with anything when taken to extreme levels. When that hobby or item starts controlling your entire day and occupying your thoughts at all time...addiction is setting in. When you don't care about doing anything with friends or family...addiction is setting in. When you stop trying for goals and dreams you've always wanted...addiction is setting in. When you stop trying to live your life and are no longer happy and just living in a bleh stage...addiction is setting in.
I know what I need to do to stop watching Kdramas. Something that I haven't been doing like I should. It may seem like a silly addiction to talk about but it is a very real one for me. Everyone has their own addictions. If you ever find yourself only wanted one thing or only wanting to do one thing ALL THE TIME. Where you stop caring about life and friends, be warned and start fighting back. I will try the same. I pray I can fight the temptation to sit for hours a day on my laptop watching a Korean drama. I need to find something to be excited about again to want to live, to have an actual goal of what I want to do. That is my first step. If anyone actually is reading this, I could always use your help. Text me randomly or call me (if you have my number), send me messages on facebook. DISTRACT ME AT ALL COSTS! Skype me! lol it is impossible to watch Kdrama when talking to someone, because I have to keep looking at the screen to read all the subtitles. lol.
Alright well I'm done writing... I will try this lack of Korean dramas for two weeks. Pray for me. Haha...Seriously though! PRAY FOR ME! :D
1 comment:
Steph I'm so proud of you!!! I have realized I sometimes do the same thing with FB, so I am trying really hard to fill my time with more uplifting and important things. I think finding something to get excited about is a great way to start to change! :D
Post a Comment