Saturday, July 27, 2013

God's Creations

There is something truly spectacular and beautiful about the world we live in, especially the physical creations the Lord has created for us to enjoy and take care of.  I love being outside.  I'm not an active person, I don't enjoy sport activities and strenuous physical labor.  But I love just sitting outside reading, or writing or pondering.  Sometimes when I'm having a hard time feeling the spirit the best remedy for me is to go outside and stare at the mountains and watch the sunset behind the peaks.  Everybody already knows how much I enjoy green grass and green trees enveloping me on all sides.  I've mentioned many times in previous posts how much I love going to the Hill Cumorah.  I have two favorite spots to write in my journal there.  When the sun isn't scorching hot I will sit on the flagpole looking down the hill and watch the sunset.  During the day I will wander the paths behind the hill and find a particular bench to sit on and listen to the wind blow through the trees and the birds and squirrels moving around in the brush.  I have had some of the most enlightening impressions during the time I take to sit and write or read when outside.  I truly believe by being outside in the world CREATED by God we can find ways to draw closer to him and appreciate the small things in our lives.  

I happened to have yesterday off from work and after spending quite a few hours applying to different jobs on my computer while sitting at desk...I decided I needed to go outside.  It may seem like a strange thing to do by myself but I went down to Thanksgiving Point Gardens.  I had to pay to get into the gardens but oh was it worth it!  There are some things words are incapable of describing.  If I was an artist I would paint and sketch what I saw.  Sadly that talent was not passed on to me from my Grandpa Palmer.  What I do enjoy doing is taking pictures.  I LOVE taking pictures of landscapes, flowers, animals and scenery or nature of any kind.  Ask me to take a picture of people, unless its purposely to include a pretty landscape behind you...well just don't ask! :P  Maybe I got some kind of talent from my Dad, but I still don't enjoy taking pictures of people. lol!  I stopped by my sister's house and she let me borrow her wonderful Nikon camera since the only camera I have is my phone camera.  I wouldn't have gone to the gardens without a good quality camera anyway.

My first time truly experiencing large scale gardens were the ones I got to see in England.  I now LOVE taking pictures of flowers and bees and butterflies. There is something truly remarkable watching these creatures doing the work God created them for!  Well, I suppose enough writing... now time for the pictures :D











This one is my favorite! :D 

Right now I'm sitting at my house on the front porch listening and watching as it rains.  Smelling that clear refreshing smell that rain always brings after days of scorching heat.  I love the rain, I love the sun.  I love sunsets and sunrises.  I love the trees, mountains, hills, grass, flowers.  I love the LAND and NATURE that my Father in Heaven has created for us here.  Looking at some of these beautiful creations around me and I'm in awe at the complexity and uniqueness of each single blade of grass.  I can never get enough of nature.  Next day off...I'm definitely going to try and go hiking somehow! :D 

No comments: