Sunday, September 7, 2014

Every Day is the Best Day!

My last blog was an update on my numerous mini vacations I had in the beginning of summer.  There have been hints and various comments made stating one big factor.  I am in fact dating someone!  The few people that actually read my previous posts might have picked up on it, and others might not have.

Logan and I started dating back in March and we are doing great! :) This blog today, is of our day-away vacation that we had together.  Labor Day I had off from work and Logan didn't have school or work, which for us is a miracle to have at the same time!! I haven't been feeling my best lately and really needed to get out of the Salt Lake area desperately.  So, we went up to...Logan!  Yes, let's get the puns out of the way right here.  I went to Logan with Logan...YAY!  happy now?  

The Sunday right before Labor Day I was not feeling good and ended up just staying at home all day with hardly any interaction with anyone, which I definitely needed.

When Monday morning rolled around I was woken up before 7am by a text from my friend Danielle back home in New York...saying she is COMING TO SEE ME!!!! YAY!!!!  I finally can have a friend come visit me!  :D I'm so excited!  She will be here from November 13th-16th, so hopefully I'll be good and there will be another blog post for that time period. Basically, before I even officially started my day-away with Logan, I was already in a super excited and pumped mood!

Logan came and picked me up around 9 and I asked if we could eat at Einsteins for breakfast!  We went to the Einsteins I worked at and I got to see the Ukrainian baker Olga, and the wonderful sassy Debi (caterer).  I was able to talk for a little longer with Debi and it was great to catch up with her, she is so funny and definitely has some sass in her!

Then on our way to Logan!  We were....delayed momentarily in SLC so we didn't get to Logan until around noon.  The main purpose of the trip was to go on a small hike in Logan Canyon.  When we pulled up and parked, I noticed right away two ADORABLE black lab mixes in front of us.  Somehow they were going on the same hike we were so for the first half of our hike, we had two black labs for company.  Cinder, with the little nub tail was the calmer of the two.  Then there was Chica...who reminded me soooooo much of my Dakota!  How excited she would get over the water and sticks and just being off a leash and running through brush.  It was absolutely amazing!  I loved having them as company they were so sweet! :)


Eventually the lady with the dogs turned around and we continued on our hike alone.  This area....is just GORGEOUS!  I seriously could someday live in Logan, even though its in Utah.  It is farther away from the hub-bub of Salt Lake City and the crazy area of Provo, plus there are more trees and its cooler in the summer there as well.




This trail was only a one-way trail so we hiked essentially to another campground and then had to turn around and hike back.  ....the hike back... I DID NOT LIKE!  Logan, has already known and heard of my fear for snakes...he learned first hand my absolute fear!  With the screaming and the running and then jumping at everything that moved around me and thinking sticks were snakes after that.  The first snake was about a foot and half...tiny little thing.  The SECOND snake was closer to three feet...or more!  Luckily neither of them were rattlesnakes I would have panicked even more so.  I DO NOT LIKE SNAKES!  I take my mothers statement true to heart, "The only good snake...is a DEAD one!" 

After we finished the hike we decided to go out to dinner.  Logan had looked up some nicer restaurants that were unique to there area.  For some reason...labor day is big holiday in Logan and the first two places we went to were closed!  We finally made it to the Beehive Grill and either we were hungrier than we knew or they have really good food, because it felt like the best thing I'd ever eaten! They have their own fresh-brewed root beer and gelatos!  SOOOO GOOD!

Shortly after dinner we decided it was time to head back home so we wouldn't get back too late.  Logan is a great sport and puts up with me when listening and belting through my disney music and luckily joins in for the musicals.  The best part.... was the Kpop!  Yup, we listened to Kpop...certain songs will never be the same now. HAHAHA :).  As we were driving up through Layton area I looked to my right and wow the most BEAUTIFUL sunset ever!  So, what did we do?  We got of the freeway and chased the sunset!  However, from the freeway we could see a lake and it looked super close...nope we were wrong lol. Eventually we just pulled over and got some decent shots of a farm field with some birds in them.

Logan's front bumper...
after driving over the lake YUCK!!

As we were driving back the freeway I was looking at my phone and noticed that we were right next to Antelope Island, which is on the Great Salt Lake.  I have never been there before so we decided to take a look.  First off...this lake is just NASTY.  When driving across the "bridge" over the salt flats and parts of the lake there were sooooo many midges it sounded like it was raining as they hit the windshield. 

 However, the sunset was GORGEOUS from there so it made me SUPER happy even with the nasty  smell and nasty bugs.  We took a short route around the island so I could continue to take pictures of the sunset.  AND we saw a buffalo! Super close too and it was awesome.  Sadly it was getting too dark and my camera was having issues so I didn't get a picture of it.


It was a great ending to such a great day! :) One that I desperately needed after the past month of Logan having surgery and me being sick/exhausted.  And it was great ending to summer before Logan goes back to school full time, plus working like crazy as well.  It was something I won't soon forget :D 







"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson



No comments: