Wow so it is definitely past time for an update on here. I had been doing so much better when I was at school! Well, I guess the only things I have that are all that exciting happened within the first week of being home. Sondra and Lars came out for California to visit the same day that I had gotten home as well. Thats why I left Rexburg a week earlier than everyone else. I wasn't in school so why not go home when I would have some family around to see. I was very sad that I missed a game of Horseball but I was happy because at the same time they were playing... I was able to watch the Hill Cumorah Pageant again! This pageant is my life I grew up being able to see it every year and missing it the following year hurt. I don't know what it is but it always seems to refresh me and gives me just a little boost to keep moving ahead. But also not to forget all my past memories as well and the place where I call home! I love the Hill Cumorah Pageant and I recommend EVERYONE to see it! The spirit in that place will blow you away!
For me... its a place where everything started! Palmyra isn't just a place where the first steps were taken for the beginning of the restoration of the gospel. But the Hill Cumorah Pageant is the place where my parents first had contact with the church shortly after they were married. That's where it started and then some years down the road they were both baptized in the church and have raised my siblings and I in the church ever since.
It also has an impact in my own personal life. That place, is where I first gained a powerful and spiritual uplifting knowledge of the truth of the Book of Mormon. The Hill Cumorah Pageant is the place where I first firmly learned for myself and gained a testimony of this church and most of all the Book of Mormon. That's why this place will always hold a special place in my heart. Not only was it the beginning of the newly restored gospel, the beginning of my parents becoming members, it was the beginning for me when I learned for MYSELF and felt that Holy Spirit testify to me the truthfulness of all that I had been taught in my life.

The stage from a way back with part of the crowd area as well.

Up close to the stage. This stage is actually metal grates and the Work Crew (made up of 17-19year old YM) come in a week before the cast and set it up then stay a week longer to take it down. I remember when I was really little before I was ever in the Pageant, I actually thought it was made of foam! LOL! ah yes what can i say :)

This is the processional scene. Where basically almost the entire cast marches in from the audience and walks on to the stage. I believe the cast is getting larger but the last time I was in i believe there was close to 700 members!

The Boat Scene! As all us "regulars" call it! This is the scene when Lehi and his family travel across the ocean. It's my favorite scene ever and always has been! I was able to be in it when I was 10 as Lemuel's daughter! Best experience!

The most heart warming scene! The Descension Scene. The man who plays Christ actually comes in from wires and is hoisted in the air and then comes down to the top of the stage. It is absolutely beautiful and wonderful. My first time in the pageant I was one of the little children that ran upto him. You can't help but feel the wonderful spirit when this scene happens. Even those who don't know the Book of Mormon feel something!
No comments:
Post a Comment