After we watched the Hill Cumorah Pageant, Friday we went to the Thousand Islands, up near Alexandria Bay on Ontario Lake. My grandparents own a trailer up there that they stay at during the summer when they aren't in Florida. My grandpa also has a boat up there. He is a fisherman. He LOVES to fish. I'm not a fan of fishing but decided I was going to do it for once! So bought a one day fishing liscense and went fishing with Sondra, Lars, Mom and Grandpa Saturday morning. ...Okay so there are TWO main reasons why I don't like fishing 1. I get motion sickness and get really queasy to my stomach when on boats. And let me tell you! It was VERY windy out that day the swells where we were, were around 3-4ft. The place my grandpa normally fishes was close to 6ft! Ah man my stomach and head sure did not appreciate the up and down motion of that boat! Then 2. it's soooo BORING! I guess when you are constantly catching fish it isn't boring and can be exciting but everytime i've decided to go fishing its always soooo slow! So motion sickness and not catching anything... not my favorite thing to do. Other than though it was absolutely GORGEOUS outside! My legs FINALLY got some sun! And are no longer pasty white anymore!
Then later I believe on Sunday we went tubing. I didn't go... because well all my lovely aching joints probably would have killed me. But my cousins went and so did Sondra and Lars. I just went for the ride and took a TON of pictures using my dad's awesome Nikon camera so got some fast shots! It was soooo fun! Overall it was a great weekend and I'm glad I had something to do that would distract me when my friends were all still in Idaho having fun together.
No comments:
Post a Comment